deepin is a Linux distribution committed to providing an elegant, user-friendly, safe and stable operating system for users all over the world.
deepin 15.3 brings a highly customizable dock, and wallpaper setting is more visual and convenient. Meanwhile, this edition carried Deepin File Manager, Deepin Image Viewer, new Deepin Terminal and other Deepin applications by default to enrich the whole ecosystem. Furthermore, this edition is fully adaptive for mi notebook with high configuration.
What are the detailed changes of the new edition? Follow me to have a look!
Cool Desktop & Freely Change
New dock and its interface background is more simple and generous. System tray is optimized and its size can be fit with the application contents automatically.
New dock only kept fashion mode and efficient mode; supports the adjustment on top, bottom, left and right locations; and can adjust the icon to large, medium and small size. You can freely change location and size.
Beautiful Wallpapers & Change Freely
The access of wallpaper setting is changed to desktop context menu. Real-time preview of wallpapers is newly added and you can quickly set wallpaper for desktop and lock screen. It’s so easy to be more beautiful.
Detailed Updates & Clear At A Glance
System update log is added in system information in this edition to make update more efficient. Furthermore, offline update can also be done and update status can be known by the animation.
Optimized Details & Improved Experience
New edition carried the new Deepin Terminal 2.0, Deepin Image Viewer and Deepin Calendar. Each application is fully optimized to bring everyone the best experience. More details are optimized as follows:
- Combined power plugin and shutdown button
- Optimized network, sound, mounting and other plugins
- Optimized system tray management
- Fixed the issue in display module that double-screen switching is invalid occasionally
- Fixed the issue in display module that contents on desktop misplaced after switching double screens several times
- Fixed the issue in network module that new users are required to identify when logging in to use network
- Fixed the issue in sound module that sound play can not be switched to HDMI external device manually
- Fixed the issue in date and time module that unable to add time zone occasionally
- Fixed the issue in keyboard and language module that the setting of repeat delay is invalid after rebooted
- Fixed the issue in boot menu that the resolution of boot menu is very low after installed the system and rebooted
- Fixed the issue that Keyring unlock dialog always popped up
- Fixed the issue that desktop files can not be selected and dragged occasionally
- Fixed the issue that new templates can not be used when entering the system in the first time
- Fixed the issue that desktop file location is reset after rebooting
- Fixed the issue that unable to identify the icon sending to desktop from launcher
- Added application icon theme
- Added navigation shortcuts for Emacs style
- Optimized animation of category text
- Fixed the issue that incomplete display in low resolution
- Fixed the issue that mouse can not scroll in blank area
Lock Screen and Logger
- Added background settings
- Optimized the operation of switching user
- Fixed the issue that unable to switch keyboard layout
- Fixed the issue that multiple users can not be displayed fully
- Fixed the issue that session often can not be displayed fully
Application and System Update
- Fixed the issue that download/update progress is always zero
- Fixed the issue that auto check update function is invalid
- Fixed the issue that the prompt of updates still exist occasionally after the system updated
Easy to Get, Simple to Install
You can experience the incredible charm of deepin with the time for just a cup of coffee!
- 64bit: click to download (MD5 hash:c52c6d309f311346e996aa82a34af286)
- 32bit: click to download (MD5 hash:90404d0929499e652f373bfae9f07b41)
deepin Alpha 2 or later editions can be upgraded to the latest edition through “Control Center→System Information”.
Advocate Freedom, Share Happiness
deepin is an open source desktop system developed for common users. You are free to download, distribute, modify and use it.
Detailed address is GitHub: https://github.com/linuxdeepin
At last, we solemnly thank those community teams and companies who have provided testing, documentation, translation and mirroring support. You have made open source better with the selfless contribution!