If you are installing deepin for the first time using an image file, we recommend that you read this document. When installing, you can choose to have a dual system of deepin and Windows, or just keep deepin as a single system.
Recommended installation configuration
Lower configurations may not result in an optimal experience
- Processor: 2.0GHz multi-core or better
- Memory: 8GB or more of physical memory
- Hard disk: 64GB or more of available hard disk space, recommended to install in a solid state drive
- Monitor: 1920*1080 or higher screen resolution recommended.
Creating a system installation USB flash drive
- A USB flash drive (capacity greater than 8G) or a CD-ROM and CD-ROM drive
- On the home page of the official website, select [Download and Help] - [Image Download], download the image file to the computer. As deepin system ISO image comes with a U disk system boot disk creation tool, so unzip the image, and double-click to install!
- Insert the U disk, select the downloaded deepin ISO image, check the "fast format", wait for the U disk boot disk production is complete!
Using the system installation USB disk, users can choose any one way to install the system:
1, full disk installation: after installation, only retain deepin but the system (will delete all the data of this computer and reformat)
2、Manual installation: customized partition, after installation can run deepin and Windows dual system
Full disk installation
1, use the shortcut keys to enter the BIOS boot options interface
Insert the system installation USB flash drive into the computer, restart the computer, and within a few seconds of turning on the computer, press the shortcut key continuously until you enter the BIOS boot options screen and select the flash drive. The way to enter the BIOS setup interface is as follows, please select the appropriate shortcut key according to your own computer:
2, enter the main page of the installation, select [full disk installation], select the installation disk for the system disk, customize the size of the root partition adjustment
3, to determine the partition, check the [Create Initialization], continue to install!
4, waiting for the system to install, do not remove/touch the U disk or shut down the computer during the installation process
5, successful installation, click [Restart Now], click to remove the USB flash drive immediately.
Preparing the computer environment
1, enter Windows, manually divide the disk, as the system disk to install deepin
Compressed partition: My computer - right-click and select [Management] - [Disk Management].
Compression Volume: Select the disk with large remaining space, right-click and select [Compression Volume], set the space capacity, click [Compression].
Note, due to deepin system installation on the installation of the disk capacity of the installation recommendations is 64G, the partition size of the new disk is at least 64G
Create a new disk partition: After the compression is completed, there will be one more [Unallocated Disk] in the Disk Manager, right-click and select [New Simple Volume] to create a new disk partition, and click [Next] by default until [Finish].
2. Use the shortcut keys to enter the BIOS boot options screen.
Insert the system installation USB flash drive into the computer, restart the computer, and within a few seconds of turning on the computer, press the shortcut key continuously until you enter the BIOS boot options screen and select the flash drive. The way to enter the BIOS setup interface is as follows, please select the appropriate shortcut key according to your computer:
3, enter the main page of the installation, select [Manual Installation] or [Custom Installation], find the first step to create the disk partition, click the right [Edit] button
- Create a boot partition, /boot, 500M.
- Create a swap partition, Linux-swaap, size customization (generally set 4-8G)
Note: If your computer has 8G or more RAM, you may not set the swap partition, and ignore the subsequent installation prompts.
- Create a root partition, give it all the remaining disk space, choose ext4 for the file system, and select "/" for the mount point.
- If you need to boot partition configuration, select efi, the default size bit 300M
4, to determine the partition changes, click [Continue Installation].
5, waiting for the system to install, do not remove / touch the U disk or shut down the computer during the installation process
6, the installation is successful, click [Restart Now], click immediately after the removal of the USB flash drive.