The last beta version of deepin V23 - Beta3 is here!
Compared with deepin V23 Beta2, Beta3 upgrades 1400+ packages in the image pre-installed packages, adds 250+ packages of system updates, and further optimizes the functional experience, please pay attention to this when installing and upgrading:
- Do not lock the screen, standby, shutdown, reboot, etc. during the upgrade process.
- Please ensure that the root partition of the system has enough space for backup and update before upgrading.
- Reinstalling the system with user data may result in failure to boot after the installation is completed.
Thanks to everyone at deepiner for their ideas and comments! Let's work together to create a beautiful and easy-to-use operating system!
This version is not the final stable version, we will continue to fix the problems in subsequent versions, please wait patiently.
- Added explanatory text on the Grub page in safe mode during image installation to prevent users from mistakenly using safe mode installation due to a lack of understanding.
- The installer supports screen interface adaptation for 768P, 1080P, 2K, and 4K resolutions.
- Added support for certain i386 devices' drivers.
- Supported the normal installation of Steam native applications and game operation.
- A large number of system underlying libraries have been updated, and the overall system repository has approximately 4000+ software package updates (including new packages), with added support for i386, riscv64, and LoongArch64 architectures.
- gcc updated to version 13.2.
- glibc updated to version 2.37.
- icu updated to version 73.2.
- Qt6 updated to version 6.6.1.
- ffmpeg updated to version 6.0.
- mesa updated to version 23.3.3.
- The default version of Python is updated to 3.11.
- perl updated to version 5.36.
- The default version of LLVM is updated to 16.
- The launcher has been refactored at the code level to improve its running speed.
- Optimized the functional layout and UI design details, enhancing the overall visual effect.
- Distinguished between keyboard selection state and mouse hover state.
- Added an alphabet feature to quickly search for applications using the alphabet.
- Optimized the content switching of notification icons and date/time on click.
- Added a calendar component to the notification center.
- Optimized the clear notification message icon in the notification center, addressing the confusion caused by incorrect icons.
- Optimized the icon style of the import operation button in Control Center - Network - VPN.
- Added a new category of creative illustrations in Control Center - Account Avatar.
- Added 3D-style material images in Control Center - Account Avatar - Character Avatar.
- Added a startup animation setting option in Control Center - General.
- Control Center - Bluetooth now supports displaying the remaining battery level of Bluetooth devices.
- Unified management of account password login and lock screen management in Control Center.
- Control Center - Sound - Audio now manages whether to pause playback when plugging/unplugging audio devices.
- Control Center - Sound - Multimedia Audio Framework now has advanced settings to switch audio frameworks.
- Control Center - Date & Time - Region - Country/Region now supports setting localized time and date formats based on the user's regional language.
- Added a disable option in Control Center - Network Settings - IPV4/IPV6 Method settings.
- Added explanatory text in Control Center - Power - General and Performance Mode settings.
- Added power performance management options for Intel and AMD memory in Control Center - Power - General.
- The system comes preinstalled with UOS AI plugins, allowing users to use UOS AI.
- Provides a free AI trial account for users to use UOS AI functionality.
- Supports mainstream AI model interfaces, allowing users to bind and use their own AI accounts.
- Updated the calendar app with the statutory holiday arrangements for 2024.
- Added Deepin ID sync app download history feature.
- Added user submission of wish lists to provide feedback on desired app functionality.
- Added the ability to ignore app updates on the app update page.
- Added support for searching installed apps on the app update/app management pages.
- Added prompts for paid apps in the app store.
- Added a deselect option in the right-click menu.
- Added the ability to display keyboard shortcuts in the right-click menu.
- Added the ability to copy file properties in the right-click menu.
- Added a filtering search function to the main view of the window.
- Added a setting option to show thumbnail previews in remote environments.
- Added a checkbox option "Display list view in tree structure" in the settings.
- Optimized the layout of file icons in icon view, improving space utilization.
- Optimized the display rules for sidebar directories.
【User Feedback Fixes】
- Fixed an issue where the desktop icon did not disappear in the launcher after uninstalling an app from the store.
- Fixed incorrect display order and position of applications in the launcher app categories.
- Fixed an issue where opening an app like Music, dragging the tray icon to the taskbar, and reopening the app would result in two music icons in the tray area.
- Fixed an issue where dragging the tray icon repeatedly in the taskbar after enabling tray-residing apps would cause the tray area icons to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the brightness adjustment plugin in the quick panel would not restore after disconnecting an external display.
- Fixed the long waiting time issue after adjusting the screen scaling ratio.
- Fixed an issue where the Deepin ID account avatar would not display correctly in Control Center - Network when unable to connect or disconnect.
- Fixed an issue where the software update button in Control Center - Update Settings would be enabled after system restart, not remembering the user's settings.
- Fixed an issue where changing themes would result in a successful theme switch but with the wallpaper from the previous theme.
- Fixed an issue where the on-screen keyboard icon in the taskbar plugin panel would display as a white icon, making it difficult to see.
- Fixed an issue where the Control Center network module icon would disappear after installing libreswan in the terminal.
- Fixed an issue where moving the mouse to the edge of the taskbar quick panel would display an incorrect resizable area.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling to adjust the brightness in the taskbar quick panel would stop at 28 and 56 brightness settings.
- Fixed an issue where setting the system window corner radius to square and adding or modifying the time zone in the world map window would not follow the system settings.
- Fixed an issue where on certain models, after entering the desktop and disabling airplane mode, the wireless network could not find any networks.
- Fixed an issue where the shortcut keys related to the workspace in Control Center were not responsive after modification.
- Fixed an issue where the input device and output device switches in Control Center - Sound - Device Management had no effect.
- Fixed an issue where the icons in the right-click menu for renaming files in dark mode would display as black and difficult to see.
- Fixed an issue where creating folders with spaces at the end of their names in NTFS formatted disks would fail with a busy device or resource error.
- Fixed an issue where copying folders from the recycle bin to any location would prompt an error saying the folder already exists.
- Fixed an issue where deleting .gif format images on SMB would fail, indicating a file busy error.
- Fixed an issue where copying or cutting folders with spaces at the end of their names from an ext4 formatted partition to an NTFS formatted partition would fail.
- Fixed an issue where copying or cutting files from the local hard drive to a USB flash drive or external hard drive would cause the progress and folder window to disappear, interrupting the file copy process.
- Fixed an issue where the file size information displayed in the prompt message during file replacement was inconsistent with the actual file size.
- Fixed an issue where creating desktop app shortcuts for Google Chrome browser failed to generate website icons.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking in any directory and selecting "Open in Terminal" would always be located in the home directory.
- Fixed an issue where the Thunder window width could be too small when the terminal was split with different resolutions.
- Fixed an issue where the current username, machine name, and current path information were not displayed when opening the terminal after a new user logged into the system.
- Fixed an issue where opening Thunder Terminal by pressing Alt+F2 on a 4K extended screen, then moving the mouse to another screen and pressing Alt+F2 would cause abnormal display in Thunder Terminal.
- Fixed an issue where opening Thunder Terminal by pressing Alt+F2 on the primary screen in dual screen extended mode, clicking on a blank area, and then moving the mouse to the other screen and pressing Alt+F2 would result in two Thunder Terminals.
- Fixed an issue where the preview window title bar did not synchronize to dark mode when setting the theme to follow the system and moving the mouse to a dark area.
- Reversed the order of switching between previous and next tab shortcuts to the correct order.
- Fixed an issue where Thunder window could not be set to blur.
- Changed the display of partially refreshed cursor after Dirty Fix.
- Fixed an issue where links without a '/' at the end and with a port number could not be opened.
- Fixed an issue where resizing the window would refresh a large amount of debug logs.
- Modified the calling method when opening files/folders through the right-click menu.
- Fixed an issue where the "@" character was not allowed as the first or middle character in the email input box in the feedback submission.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the main menu icon did not collapse the expanded menu.
- Fixed an issue where opening a markdown file with Linglong MarkText software through the right-click menu did not display the document content.
- Fixed an issue where Linglong would automatically crash during the startup process after setting Linglong to start up with the system in the launcher.
- Fixed the issue of missing Linglong environment variables.
- Fixed an issue where web page videos could not be played after updating the browser.
【Known Issues to be Fixed】
- Updated the system time zone library, which may cause incorrect time zone settings after installation and require resetting in the Control Center.
- Some Huawei devices experience abnormal audio output, which can be resolved by refreshing the BIOS or updating the kernel to version 6.6.
- In dual-screen extended mode, when the launcher is in full-screen mode, it may appear on the other screen.
- In dual-screen extended mode, the launcher occasionally appears in the middle of the two screens.
- When the launcher is in full-screen mode, opening an application by clicking on its icon in the taskbar does not automatically exit the launcher.
- The launcher does not fill the entire screen in full-screen mode.
- The launcher is hidden when the screenshot shortcut key is pressed in full-screen mode.
- When the launcher is in full-screen mode, right-clicking to open the menu and scrolling does not hide the menu.