deepin is a Linux-based open source desktop operating system, just today, deepin V23 Beta2 officially released! Welcome to experience it!
deepin V23 Beta2 version of the previous version of the existing problems were fixed, fixing the problems of 450 +, and further optimize the functional experience, including the new kernel power endurance increased by 30%, the use of white-box solution to optimize the secret key ring pop-up window, optimized version of the depth of the home officially integrated release mirror, etc., so as to make deepin become a more modern and efficient operating system, and better able to meet the needs and expectations of users. This makes deepin a more modern and efficient operating system that better meets the needs and expectations of users and creates "the deepin you want"!
Thank you to all the deepiners who provided ideas and comments! Let's work together to create a beautiful and easy-to-use operating system!
This version is not the final stable version, this version of the problems you feedback, we will continue to fix in subsequent versions, please wait patiently.
【New Features and Improvements】
Control Center - Network: Provides default file name when exporting VPN configuration.
Redefined default avatar for new installations.
Integrated deepin ID module into Control Center.
Adjusted "Account" to "User" in the part of managing system users in Control Center.
Optimized the style of mouse scroll speed display.
Supports password plain text display during login and unlock.
Optimized system scrollbar display logic, improving user perception of scrollable windows.
Added graphical platform information display in System Information - About this Computer.
Resolved the issue of keyring unlock dialog popping up when logging in to the desktop environment without a password.
Added support for Linglong application updates, with new Linglong application update settings in Control Center - Updates module.
Decoupled taskbar time and date font size from Control Center font settings, using adaptive size display.
Optimized the description of modular homepage in Control Center.
Optimized and improved computer battery life under power mode.
Note: AMD_pstate requires kernel version >= 6.4 to be used.
Adjusted the title bar height of third-party windows, default modified height is 24px (excluding some DTK and GTK title bar applications).
Supports black and white theme switching for third-party title bars.
Supports high-resolution scaling for third-party title bars.
Added relevant prompts for lvm partition when re-entering advanced installation after successful installation with lvm partition.
Changed "Account" to "User" in installer system creation.
Added new Bug feedback module.
Added new Feature request feedback module.
Supports tracking feedback progress for issue tickets.
Added ICS file import and export functions in Calendar app, supporting manual synchronization of schedule information.
Added bold underline setting option in terminal cursor style settings.
Closed window animation, terminal application displays window title name when multiple windows are open.
Optimized grouping logic for terminal remote management.
Added option to include special characters when double-clicking to select an area.
Added Shift+Ctrl+mouse wheel shortcut to adjust terminal transparency.
Changed default shortcut to open clipboard from Ctrl+Alt+V to Super+V.
Optimized clipboard space occupation, reduced space usage when text content is minimal.
Supports .ogg audio file playback.
Upgraded Qt to version 6.4.
Updated kernel to version 6.1.32.
Updated Samba to version 4.16.11.
Added support for V23 version of debootstrap.
Updated DTK version.
Added support for Lexmark printers.
Removed preinstalled backup and restore application.
Supports using tools like flameshot for screenshots in Wayland mode.
Added Software in Repository
Added open-source driver for HP printers.
NCDU, babeld, axel, btop, mtr, libogg, bird, s-tui, TeX Live, openvpn, Fastfetch (replacing neofetch), autodep8, iperf3, arping, sbuild, xorgxrdp, e2fsprogs, cmatrix, nexttrace, Tesseract, Flatpak, Meld, cups-pdf, rdesktop, cups-filters, Prism Launcher, square theme.
- Fixed the issue where the Control Center - Personalization - Theme Display was incomplete when the window size was set to default in the English environment.
- Fixed the issue where the Control Center search box was shifted to the left when the system language was set to English and the window was minimized.
- Fixed the issue where the status of showing/hiding directories in any sub-menu of the Control Center was not recorded after exiting.
- Fixed the issue where the WiFi list did not display when clicking on the taskbar WiFi icon on some models after upgrading to the new version.
- Fixed the issue where entering WiFi password in the WiFi list on some models did not connect to the corresponding WiFi network.
- Fixed the issue where the Bluetooth module in the Control Center was not displayed on some models after the update.
- Fixed the issue where the taskbar time on some devices was not displayed completely.
- Fixed the issue where the Recycle Bin was not displayed in the plugin area of the taskbar, and abnormal spacing between the input method and network plugin icons.
- Fixed the issue where the plugin panel did not automatically hide when clicking on a plugin, causing window overlapping.
- Fixed the issue where the incorrect prompt message was displayed when setting the action to "Do nothing" when closing the laptop lid.
- Fixed the issue where automatic filtering of spaces in password settings for application proxies led to password setting failure.
- Fixed the issue where the banner notification kept popping up when there was an IP conflict in the wireless network.
- Fixed the issue of memory leaks in the initialization of the network plugin.
- Fixed the issue where on some models, when the wired network connection was closed and switched to another page, the hotspot switch in the hotspot page was not turned off.
- Fixed the issue where the network panel on the login interface did not display the connected WiFi.
- Fixed the issue where after entering the password to connect to a hidden network in the Control Center, a second password input was still required in the taskbar pop-up window to connect to the network.
- Fixed the issue where some devices could not connect to hidden hotspots.
- Fixed the issue where the network list occasionally duplicated after turning off the wireless network switch in the Control Center.
- Fixed the issue where the "Settings" application opened slowly after right-clicking the "Settings" icon in the taskbar after system restart.
- Fixed the issue where clicking the close button on the detection popup window after closing the internal beta in the Control Center did not work.
- Fixed the issue where the font size in the Notification Center did not follow the font settings in the Control Center.
- Fixed the issue where the content of small widgets was not centered when the screen was scaled to 1.25.
- Fixed the issue where the taskbar icon still displayed after uninstalling a third-party application from the launcher when it remained in the taskbar after completing the download.
- Fixed the issue where the file count in the taskbar Recycle Bin tips did not match the actual number of files when deleting files to the Recycle Bin in scenarios with multiple disk partitions.
- Fixed the issue where clicking on the Deepin Store icon in the plugin area did not hide the Deepin Store main program.
- Fixed the issue where the thumbnail display of the file manager on the taskbar was abnormal.
- Fixed the issue of blurry and distorted preview window images during file copying.
- Fixed the issue where dragging a plugin from the shortcut panel to the plugin area could not be disabled in the Control Center.
- Fixed the issue where the Gitkraken application icon was not displayed in the taskbar.
- Fixed the issue where the taskbar did not follow the launcher display in always hidden mode.
- Fixed the taskbar crash when clicking on the jetbrains-toolbox task tray.
- Fixed the issue where there was a 15-second black screen delay before the desktop appeared during face login.
- Fixed the issue where sound devices were not recognized after logging out using the pipewire framework.
- Fixed the issue where there was significant noise when adjusting the volume while using cinema or browser to play videos with the pipewire framework.
- Fixed the issue where taskbar icons were abnormally changed when changing the taskbar height.
- Fixed the issue where the Control Center did not update in real-time when adjusting the mode, position, and status of the taskbar.
- Fixed the issue where content in the foldable panel could not be moved to the taskbar tray area in intelligent hide mode.
- Fixed the issue where on some models, when connected to a high-resolution screen with a scale factor of 1.5, WeChat or WeChat Work could not be brought up by clicking on the tray icon when receiving messages in high-performance mode.
- Fixed the issue where applications dragged from the tray to the taskbar plugin hover tray could not be opened by clicking on the icon.
- Fixed the issue where the clock icon in the clock widget in the Notification Center was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed the issue where small widgets in the Notification Center were not centered.
- Fixed the issue where the content in the Notification Center was set to expand mode but not displaying all content.
- Fixed the issue of intermittent disk mounting failure in multi-system scenarios.
- Fixed the issue of virtual machine session service exceptions and optimized the startup sequence of DDE service units.
- Fixed the intermittent issue of power performance mode not taking effect when changing it in the Control Center.
- Fixed the issue where clicking on the preview thumbnail did not bring up the minimized application in the taskbar.
- Fixed the issue where the Control Center did not update settings in real-time when adjusting the mode, position, and status of the taskbar.
- Fixed the issue where the Control Center - User System preinstalled user avatar had incorrect classification descriptions.
- Fixed the issue where the "Clear Key" option was incorrectly displayed when there was no password login or automatic login authentication.
- Fixed the issue where the Control Center - Left Menu Bar displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed the issue where the touchpad became unusable after enabling mouse insertion and disabling the touchpad, and then inserting or disconnecting the mouse.
- Fixed the issue where, in the taskbar network panel, after entering an incorrect password for a secured network, it couldn't be connected again.
- Fixed the issue where the system became unresponsive and unable to continue using after adding or deleting windows in the multitasking view.
- Fixed the issue where there was a black border before the application interface appeared after disabling window effects and launching a self-developed application.
- Fixed the issue where the configuration button was obscured by the loading animation icon during network loading in the Control Center.
- Fixed the issue where the power policy mode on the UI interface did not sync with the actual system effective mode on laptop devices.
- Fixed the issue where moving workspaces caused the workspace to freeze.
- Fixed the issue where the rounded corners/black and white theme of third-party windows did not synchronize with the Control Center settings.
- Fixed an issue where full disk encryption installation would fail.
- Fixed an issue where some users' system images could not be installed and used properly in virtual machines.
- Fixed an issue where there was no prompt message for incorrect installation when using advanced installation with UEFI + XFS root partition format.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect Chinese text description in language selection.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect brand identification in the slideshow during installation.
- Fixed an issue where, when using Ventoy with MBR type for V23 custom installation, adding a new partition would not automatically add a new EFI partition for subsequent installation after deleting all local hard disk partitions.
- Fixed an issue where the opacity of the clipboard was displayed abnormally.
- Fixed a problem where the icon for video content copied to the clipboard was blurry.
- Fixed an issue where text information copied in Wayland mode could not be used if it was not saved in the clipboard.
- Fixed an issue where moving desktop application shortcut icons into folders would cause them to change to a gear icon.
- Fixed an issue where web bookmarks and .html file icons could not be displayed.
- Fixed a problem where, when canceling the authentication prompt on an encrypted external USB drive or during the installation of dual systems on a laptop, the mouse cursor would continuously display the loading circle.
- Fixed an issue where, in an English environment, the SMB dialog box did not display completely when the font size was set to 20.
- Fixed an issue where compressed files could not be extracted by dragging and dropping.
- Fixed a memory leak issue when copying large files to a portable hard drive in the file manager.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a selected compressed package using a shortcut key in the Archive Manager would actually delete the extracted folder.
- Fixed a memory overflow issue and a blank interface issue in the file manager after invoking it with JavaFX.
- Fixed an issue where adding color labels to desktop application icons would not work if the color label category did not exist for that icon.
- Fixed an issue where the "Delete File" shortcut key was displayed incorrectly when using the "Ctrl+Shift+?" shortcut key to view the shortcut key preview panel.
- Fixed a problem with blurry icon in the title bar of the file manager when calling it through a third-party application.
- Fixed an issue where the prompt for opening applications would display in English when the system language was set to Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed an issue where the "Ctrl+W" shortcut key did not close the file manager.
- Fixed an issue where, when renaming a disk in the file manager, the cursor would jump to the end every time text was entered.
- Fixed an issue where, after copying large files to a USB drive, a prompt would appear indicating that the drive was in use, resulting in incomplete data copying.
- Fixed an issue where a clickable cancel button appeared in the upper left corner of the file manager interface when calling it through a third-party application.
- Fixed an issue where the selected state in the menu bar was incorrect after formatting a USB drive.
- Fixed an issue where installing a specific version of a software package would fail.
- Fixed an issue where the download progress did not change for apps larger than 2GB.
- Fixed a problem where the installed size displayed incorrectly for Linglong packages in the app management section of the store client.
- Fixed an issue where a notification message did not pop up when resource usage reached the alert threshold.
- Fixed a problem where the system monitor did not display the transfer speed during file transfers.
- Fixed a problem with excessive resource usage in the system monitor.
- Fixed an issue where the disk write rate for Firefox processes reached 8EB/s.
- Fixed a crash issue when using the mouse to slide on the function keys.
- Fixed an issue where the exit command in the menu of the music software required a secondary confirmation and could not directly exit the application.
- Fixed an issue where the hover text for the page-turning buttons in the music software's title bar was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where adding a song to "My Liked Songs" using the shortcut key "." did not display the song in the playlist and did not mark the like icon.
- Fixed an issue where the active color in the music app did not follow the system settings.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to switch "Desktop Style" in the welcome dialog.
- Fixed an issue where the desktop screenshot in the welcome app was incorrect.
- 【Text Editor】
- Fixed an issue where the text editor could not open TOML format files and displayed an invalid file error.
- Fixed an issue where the text editor could not open MOD format files and displayed an invalid file error.
- Fixed an issue where markdown documents opened in the text editor did not fully display when maximized.
- Fixed an issue where, on high-resolution screens with screen scaling, the interface buttons in the image viewer were displayed as large black icons.
- Fixed an issue where, in Chinese language environment, the right-click menu for imported images in the image viewer did not have Chinese translation.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking and selecting "Slideshow" after importing images in the image viewer would cause the loss of right-click functionality.
- Fixed an issue where the gallery could not be reopened after closing when importing images from a wallpaper folder.
- Fixed an issue where the gallery could not open properly when mounting SMB service.
- Fixed an issue where the gallery could not be reopened after closing, with memory continuously increasing as observed in the system monitor.
- Fixed an issue where opening the gallery took more than 60 seconds after mounting other system drives in the file manager during multi-system installation.
- Fixed an issue where disabling flow control intercepted the Ctrl+S/Q shortcut keys.
- Fixed an issue where the Shift+Tab combination switched the input focus to the title bar buttons.
- Fixed an issue where the icons for configuration options in the screenshot & screen recording tool were too large.
- Fixed an issue where switching from the screen recording button to the screenshot button would automatically select the arrow button.
- Fixed an issue where the save location in the "Specify Location" option in the screenshot & screen recording tool was not internationalized in Chinese language environment.
- Fixed an issue where the "Screenshot & Screen Recording" icon displayed abnormally in the shortcut panel when the machine had a high-resolution display with a scaling factor of 2.25.
- Changed the method of saving the systemd package journald log configuration file to persistent storage.
- Fixed a security vulnerability (CVE-2022-23935) in the exiftool.
About Technical Preview Features
In the Beta2 version, some experimental features are being pushed to the system repository in a technical preview state. The completeness of these technical preview features is far from being ready for production, so they are not provided by default. Users need to perform some manual configurations to experience them.
To simplify the process of trying out these technical preview features, we have provided additional extensions for users who wish to experience them. These extensions allow you to get an overview of all the current technical preview features.
To install this extension manually (please ensure you have completed the system update for Beta2):
sudo apt install dcc-insider-plugin
Once the installation is complete, you will find a new menu item under the system's control center, under "Updates," and then "Technical Preview". Within this menu, you will see a list of all the technical preview components that you can enable or disable through a graphical interface.
Please note: All technical preview features are actively under development, and these components may be unstable, both in terms of their interface and functionality, and are not in their final completed state. We are offering this technical preview to provide users with insights into our technological direction and progress. We encourage those interested in the related technologies to discuss them within the developer community. However, there is no need to provide feedback in the form of issues at this time.
Our heartfelt thanks to the following people (randomized in no particular order) for their contributions to this update:
Diamond-Fur, kt286, hotime, Aleksanaa, pzm9012, Rabenda, debuggerx01, martinyelland, rtczza